||Cropping and irrigation of up to 15,000 ha of cotton with associated infrastructure
||Stanbroke Pty Ltd
||Glenore (Lot 1 LA2) 90km south of Normanton. Map
||Carpentaria Shire Council and Croydon Shire Council
||Greater than $200 million
- approximately 15,000 ha of cropping fields
- extraction of approximately 150,000 ML of water per year from the lower Flinders River using water extraction infrastructure which may include a diversion structure or weir
- off-stream water storage with a capacity of 150,000 ML
- a cotton processing ginnery
- supporting infrastructure including flood levees, fuel tanks, machinery and chemical storage, a private landing strip, stormwater retention systems and worker accommodation
- a total project area of approximately 20,422 ha.
- 100 (construction peak)
- 75 (operational at peak production)
* Project information supplied by proponent and subject to change.
Environmental impact statement (EIS) process
||Draft EIS being prepared by proponent
|6 April 2017
||Coordinator-General stated a new project declaration lapse date of 7 April 2018
|8 October 2015
||Terms of reference for EIS ( 468 KB) released
|1 August 2015 to 31 August 2015
||Draft terms of reference for EIS ( 266 KB) public consultation.
|17 July 2015
||Commonwealth Minister for the Environment decided the project is a 'controlled action'.
|29 June 2015
||Gazettal of 'coordinated project' declaration ( 253 KB).
|22 June 2015
||Project referred to Commonwealth Minister for the Environment.
|19 June 2015
||Application, including initial advice statement ( 2.8 MB), submitted.
Read more about the EIS process.