The Bromelton SDA and its associated development scheme:
- encourages the establishment of industrial activities of regional, state and national significance and supporting infrastructure
- provides an opportunity for regionally significant bulk freight and logistics operations
- maximises the potential of the rail network, providing connections to other states and territories and areas of Queensland
- provides greater planning and development certainty for project proponents
- fast-tracks economic development through efficient processing of applications and requests
- protects existing and future industrial uses by ensuring industrial areas will not be encroached upon by incompatible and sensitive land uses
- provides employment opportunities in the Beaudesert and southern Brisbane areas.