- Council: Mareeba Shire Council
- Fund: Regional Capital Fund
- Category: Water/Sewerage/Waste Infrastructure
- Round: 1
Two new water reservoirs will cater for Kuranda’s expected population and tourism growth and boost the town’s fire-fighting capacity.
Total project cost
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
- Increased water security for the community through a new duplicate 500kL concrete reservoir at Masons Road, and demolition of the existing reservoir and construction of a new 500kL one at Warril Drive.
- The extra capacity will allow for new subdivisions and businesses to go ahead, leading to more rates and charges for council.
- The project will ensure the industry standard water capacity is held in the reservoirs to provide security of supply to residents.
- Increased fire-fighting capacity.
- 500kL drinking water reservoir at Mason Road.
- 500kL drinking water reservoir on Warril Drive.
- Demolition of existing small reservoir at Warril Drive.
- Pipework, pumps and associated works.
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.