- Council: Scenic Rim Regional Council
- Fund: Regional Capital Fund
- Category: Water/Sewerage/Waste Infrastructure
- Round: 1
A reticulated water main from the Beaudesert Water Treatment Plant to Stage 1 of the Bromelton Structure Plan Area, within the Bromelton State Development Area (SDA) is providing the critical infrastructure needed to grow jobs and investment.
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
- Building our Regions funding enabled council to bring forward this project.
- Connecting potable water to Stage 1—the 1052ha structure plan area—will accelerate development across the entire 15,000ha SDA, and be a catalyst for economic growth and employment opportunities in other communities in the Scenic Rim.
- Economic forecasting suggests by 2026 there will be 5550 people employed full time in the SDA.
- This enabling infrastructure will lead to more job opportunities and support strong, connected communities within easy commuting distance.
- Development at Bromelton is designed, constructed and managed in accordance with ecologically sustainable development principles, including cleaner production, waste minimisation, energy efficiency, and water conservation.
- The water supply and pressure will improve fire-fighting capacity.
- Supply and installation of a 6.1km 450mm trunk water main connecting to the Helen Street water treatment plant
- Provision of reticulated water at up to 99.6 litres/second.
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.