- Council: Toowoomba Regional Council
- Fund: Regional Capital Fund
- Category: Road and Transport Infrastructure
- Round: 1
Constructing a two-lane asphalt road, with provision for trunk infrastructure, between a planned intermodal inland port and the Toowoomba Enterprise Hub will position the region as a national leader in transport and logistics and support thousands of jobs.
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
- This project will provide critical infrastructure and utilities for one of Queensland's largest industrial zones—the Toowoomba Enterprise Hub—which services the growing demands of the agriculture and resources sectors.
- Council estimates the hub could unlock $1.5 billion worth of economic growth, provide employment for between 12,000 to 15,000 people in the region, and create 13,300 jobs across Queensland.
- This enabling infrastructure project has strong support from industry groups—including Freight Terminals Pty Ltd which is contributing funds—Port of Brisbane Group, Neil Mansell Group, The Toowoomba and Surat Basin Enterprise, The Charlton Gas Pipeline Company and FKG Group.
- The road upgrade will improve the safety for all users.
- This project will improve erosion, sediment control and drainage.
- Tree planting and landscaping will be in keeping with the amenity of the area.
- 2km of two-lane carriageway.
- Road lighting.
- Associated drainage works.
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.