- Council: Flinders Shire Council
- Fund: Remote and Indigenous Communities Fund
- Category: Other infrastructure
- Round: 2
Hughenden Aerodrome will get a new security fence, preventing large animals from entering the runway area which potentially endangers aircraft crew and passengers during take-off and landing, and causes delays.
The project will:
- demolish existing barriers
- construct 5.9 km of CASA-compliant 1800mm high chain link security fence.
This will protect animals and reduce risks to passengers, crew and aircraft. The new fence will allow 24-hour operation of the aerodrome and free council staff from having to shoo animals away from runway.
Total project cost
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.