- Council: Torres Shire Council
- Fund: Remote Communities Infrastructure Fund
- Category: Cultural, Sports and Recreational Infrastructure
- Round: Supplementary
Part of Queensland’s WWII history will be preserved for the future and offer tourism opportunities when works are undertaken on Horn Island.
Specific works include:
- documenting the site to safeguard any information uncovered
- excavating and reconstructing the sites of slit trenches and a machine gun nest to minimise further deterioration
- installing interpretive signage
- building paths and a bus turning area to support guided and self-guided tours.
Total project cost
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.