- Council: Banana Shire Council
- Fund: Royalties for Resource Producing Communities Fund
- Category: Water/Sewerage/Waste Infrastructure
- Round: 2
A new pipeline and upgraded pump station will secure a reliable water supply for the Moura and Banana communities and allow for growth in the region.
This project will deliver:
- a new 5.3km raw water trunk pipeline from the Dawson River to the Moura Water Treatment Plant
- upgrades to the river pump station
- increased capacity of Moura and Banana water supply system from 54L/sec to 100L/sec
- increased water reliability, water pressure and security of water supply
- necessary infrastructure to meet existing need and facilitate further development in the region
- reduced workplace health and safety issues for council workers.
Total project cost
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.