With design influencing more than 70% of a product’s final cost, increased use of design principles in manufacturing will help manufacturers:
- lower costs
- bring products to market faster
- be more competitive
- grow and employ more Queenslanders.
That’s why the department has developed the Design in Manufacturing seminar series, an initiative of the Queensland Advanced Manufacturing 10-Year Roadmap and Action Plan ( 5.6 MB).
The seminar series aims to:
- raise businesses’ awareness of the importance of design in manufacturing
- highlight the opportunities for advanced manufacturers arising from the use of design and engineering analysis software, new materials and advanced manufacturing techniques in a digitised economy
- identify sources of advice and information that will strengthen businesses’ design capability
- showcase the benefits of incorporating design principles and practices in manufacturing production and processes.