$20 million for the Maturing the Infrastructure Pipeline Program (MIPP) - applications now open
The MIPP supports the development of a robust project pipeline by enabling projects to be matured from conceptually good ideas into solid proposals. A $10 million top-up was provided through the 2017–18 State Budget taking total government funding to $30 million.
The MIPP currently encompasses two phases; the first phase (MIPP 1) covered two activities that began in 2016 and second phase activities which are collectively known as MIPP 2.
- Rapid assessment of proposals raised through consultation and future opportunities from the State Infrastructure Plan - completed.
- Early stage assessment of new infrastructure proposals submitted by local governments – currently underway.
- strategic planning for infrastructure – funding studies and investigations that will assist local governments to form a strategic view of their key infrastructure priorities and needs; and
- business cases and/or detailed designs for the development of local government infrastructure proposals to provide better clarity on investment decisions.
MIPP 2 is a new competitive grant program open to all local governments. Local Governments are invited to submit their applications via the submission form below from Monday 12 March 2018 until 12pm (midday) Monday 9 April 2018.
We have received a number of queries regarding extensions of time due to submissions closing during the Easter school holiday period. Accordingly, submissions must be received by the closing date (midday Monday 9 April 2018) but can be subject to formal approval. Local Governments must submit formal approval from an authorised officer, consistent with Council delegations, by midday Monday 16 April 2018.
Further information can be found in the following documents:
- MIPP 2 Submission guidelines ( 803 KB)
- MIPP 2 Funding Agreement Requirements ( 154 KB)
- Frequently asked questions ( 443 KB)
- MIPP 2 Local government submission form for Strategic Planning for Infrastructure ( 21 KB)
- MIPP 2 Local government submission form for Business Case and/or Detailed Design ( 22 KB)