Queensland is a place for innovation, enterprise and industry. With a strong and diverse economy, Queensland has significant competitive advantages making it the best location to invest and grow your business.
Business confidence and taxation
- Queensland has a strong, modern and diversiﬁed economy, with one of the highest forecast growth rates amongst all states and territories of Australia in 2019-20.
- Over the past two years, business conﬁdence in Queensland has been amongst the highest of any state economy (NAB Monthly Business Survey).
- Queensland’s tax system can deliver a competitive advantage for your business, includes oﬀering the lowest overall payroll tax rate in Australia.
- Taxation in Queensland in 2019-20 is estimated to be $666 per person less than the average of other Australian states and territories.
Highly-skilled workforce and world-class universities
- Our state’s workforce of more than 2.5 million is highly skilled, motivated and employment ready. Companies have a broad choice of skilled workers, due to world-class educational facilities.
- Queensland’s population is estimated to double by 2061, making our workforce grow and diversify.
- We’re home to ten universities, including some of the largest and newest universities in the world.
Connectivity and infrastructure
- Queensland oﬀers great connectivity, through ﬁve major international passenger airports and extensive road and rail networks that move people eﬃciently across cities and regions.
- The Australian and Queensland Governments have committed signiﬁcant funding to upgrade and maintain the state’s highways, keeping the vital network running smoothly and reducing travel times.
- Congestion cost in Queensland is signiﬁcantly lower than the New South Wales and Victorian average.
- Queensland is home to some of the most liveable cities and regions in the world including Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Cairns, Mackay, Rockhampton, Toowoomba and Townsville.
- The people of Queensland enjoy an enviable outdoor lifestyle with world-class beaches and waterways, national parks and rainforests and tropical reefs.
- We enjoy 300 days of sunshine per year.
Information and communications technology
- Queensland plays a vital role in ensuring the state has access to world-class digital infrastructure.
- As of September 2019, Queensland had more than 1.2 million premises connected to the national broadband network, the third largest of any state or territory in Australia.
- The Queensland Government is continuing to work with providers and the Australian Government to facilitate improvements to the state’s digital infrastructure to boost communication and data speeds.
- From 2020, Sunshine Coast in Queensland will deliver Australia’s fastest telecommunications connection to Asia and the second fastest to the United States with the Sunshine Coast International Broadband Submarine Cable.
Let’s talk business
To learn more about Queensland’s business environment and why you should make the move, connect with our Investment Attraction team.