- Council: Pormpuraaw Aboriginal Shire Council
- Fund: Remote and Indigenous Communities Fund
- Category: Water/Sewerage/Waste Infrastructure
- Round: 2
Pormpuraaw’s water supply will be protected through critical upgrades to the water infrastructure, addressing a range of community health and amenity issues.
The project will:
- replace leaking and inadequate mains pipelines
- chemically clean supply bores and protect them against contamination
- protect pumps during heavy rain events
- install a new pipeline to a culturally significant area.
The project will allow access to treated water during the wet season, lower the risk of E. coli outbreaks and mitigate calcium and rust issues.
Total project cost
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.