This vast and economically diverse region is centred on the regional capital of Toowoomba and is supported by significant regional towns such as Dalby, Warwick, Roma, Goondiwindi and Charleville.
313,613 (June 2018) – expected to increase to 361,793 by 2036.
Labour force 161,488 (unemployment rate 5.9% March 2019)
- location of Australia’s newest regional airport with access direct to international markets
- the region represents Australia’s leading agricultural sector in production and innovation
- strong transport infrastructure connectivity including the recently completed $1.6B Toowoomba bypass and Warrego Highway upgrades.
- future regional freight hub for Inland Rail between Brisbane and Melbourne
- currently experiencing growth in the feedlot sector and associated beef processing industry with long established export orientated processors located across the region
- strong education (including tertiary institutions) and health sectors
- the key industry sectors are supported by a strong and innovative manufacturing sector that has built expertise across agriculture, mining, civil construction and coal seam gas
- resilient and diverse economy
- transport equipment manufacturing
- food product
- primary metal and metal production
- fabricated metal production
- machinery and equipment
Local content activities
View all upcoming events and opportunities on the events page including:
- mentoring services
- industry briefings supporting businesses at all stages of project supply chains
Other services offered include:
- investment and project facilitation
- regional economic development initiatives